Bikeability Level 2 gets you onto the roads, and able to deal with traffic such as when cycling to school and other short journeys. This is real cycling experience.
The Bikeability training course is 4 sessions of tuition. The first session of 2 hours is an assessment of Level 1 skills and bike check, and takes place in the playground. Then three sessions of 2 hours each on local roads.
When you have completed your Level 2, you will be awarded with your orange badge. You will be able to:
- Start and finish a journey by road, including passing parked or slower moving vehicles
- Be aware of everything around you and signal your intentions to other road users when someone needs to know what you’re doing
- Position yourself properly on the road and pass side roads
- Use junctions including turning left and right into major and minor roads
- Decide whether a cycle lane will help with your journey
- Use the Highway Code, particularly when it comes to understanding road signs
Contact Kirsti at Go Velo on 01282 787464 to enrol on a Bikeability course.
|Level 1||Level 3|