In Bikeability Level 1 you learn the basic skills to ride a bike confidently including starting, stopping, pedaling, signalling, using gears and general bike control.
The training course of 2 hours tuition takes place in small groups away from traffic usually in a school playground or in a closed car park.
When you have completed your Bikeability Level 1, you will be awarded with your red badge. You will be able to:
- Get on your bike, start cycling, then stop and get off
- Ride your bike using the gears
- Look then signal
- Make your bike go where you want it to, including moving around objects
- Stop quickly if you need to
- Look all around you when you’re riding, including behind, without wobbling
- Signal if you’re turning right and left, without wobbling
- Give your bike a simple check to ensure it is road-worthy
Contact Kirsti at Go Velo on 01282 787464 to enrol on Bikeability Level 1